Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm sorta a maths geek. So naturally I'm pursuing a degree in number stuff (although pursue is too active a word). As a result, I never get to talk about the media and use words like... well, I don't know what words to use. Maybe words like gender decomposition. And definitely phallic. Oo, maybe even - no, I really don't know.

Instead of talking like someone with a very extensive beret collection, or a lack of friends, I get to say stuff about distribution theory and the validity of non-parametric... (yawn)

That's got nothing to do with this post though.

This post is actually about nickelodeon.

I'm busy not doing the clearing up, which lead me to tv (obvs). And there's never anything on tv. Never. Well, there's always sports. and music. and k-tv - I mean nickelodeon.

Kids tv is never the most inspired, but one can always semi switch off knowing that the jock will get the girl and she'll be like way excited. Way, way excited. And even though I'm a good ten years older than their expected market, I'm kinda upset by this.

Not because there isn't enough representation or whatever, but because I feel that nickelodeon let's kids think it's ok to be that predictable and boxable. Which is negligible if you're dealing with Yank kids. I think the entire child geared society there is about producing the perfect minions. But here?
What ever happened to the K-tv that preached about singing about it? Shouting about it? Going out and being the awesome, shiny, bright rainbow-fed children of the new?

It got over us. Or rather, the next set of decision makers decided that it'd be so much easier to out source.

No comments:

Post a Comment