Saturday, January 17, 2009

A real life mountain

I climbed a real life mountain, in a pair of skinny pants and Clark's (like mens office shoes).
I really am that hardcore.

I should prob'ly mention that I'm back to my real life in Cape Town. I love Cape Town. In a week I'll be hating the weather, asshat drivers and having to pay my own food bill, but right now I love it.

Back to the mountaineering:
It started, like it always does, with a drink. I had missed Matt's 21st last year so I said I'd take him out for a drink. After our second jug we decided to go up to the mountain (no, not that mountain, we did Lion's Head - not as amazing, but come on) 'coz you know, doing touristy things can be fun even without the German tour guide. We came back to my place and sorted out a picnic, by which I mean we got a packet of crisps, a veggie loaf thingy and a bottle of tonic water from my friendly spar. We then filled a water bottle with gin and tonic. I know, but it didn't feel like such a bad idea at the time.

We got to the base and decided to climb up instead of just hanging out at the base. It was a dumb idea. We made it though. And yes my shoes are ruined and my phone hurts from when I wacked it into the mountain, but I feel like I achieved something.

Afters we had dinner at Matt's place (post shower) and went out coz we deserved to.

I drank too much and managed to scrape my knee, sprain my wrist and scrape the back of my arm. Also my kitchen looks like I feel. And I woke up on the floor still holding a tube of Deep Heat (closed).
Never again.

Just remembered: I bumped into the lead singer of my favourite, as yet unfamous, band (Mama Know Nothing) and completely did the fanboy thing. I'm never touching that gin stuff ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment